BVI Company Formation
BVI (British Virgin Islands) Offshore Company Incorporation
BVI (British Virgin Islands) Offshore Company Incorporation
British Virgin Islands Business Company (BVI BC) is the world’s most popular destination for offshore company formation (BVI company formation). About 41% of the world’s offshore companies have been formed in the BVI. Our law firms has been dealing the last 15 years with the registration of BVI companies.
The British Virgin Islands (“BVI”) are located in the Caribbean sea.The islands are a British Crown Colony that became self-governing in 1967. Under its constitution, the BVI are autonomous of the U.K., except with regards to its external affairs, defense and internal security. The legal system is based on English Common Law, and appeals from local courts are in some instances heard by the English Courts.
The islands were settled by the British in 1666, and have a population of approximately 15,000. The main industry of BVI is tourism, and there is economic and political stability for a long period. In addition, the islands enjoy the advantage of a modern communications system.
English is the official language of the BVI, and the U.S. dollar is the official currency. There are no exchange controls or reporting requirements of any nature, and the islands offer many appealing tax and corporate benefits to non-residents who organize companies there.
The incorporation and operation of off-shore companies is governed by the BVI Business Companies Act 2004, which is a modern piece of legislation that contains some of the most attractive features of other taxhaven jurisdictions.
The incorporation process is completed in a period of five days. We also have shelf companies readily available for immediate use by the client.
1. Directors and Officers. The business and affairs of a company are managed by a Board of Directors consisting of at least one Director. Directors may be corporations or individuals and it is not necessary to be residents of the British Virgin Islands.
The Registered Agent of the company will appoint the first Directors. Thereafter Directors will be elected by the directors or the shareholders. However, vacancies which arise in the Board of Directors can be filled by the remaining Directors. The appointment of these Directors is not necessary to be filed with the Registrar of Corporate Affairs.
The Directors may elect Officers and appoint attorneys-in-fact to act on behalf of the company. The appointment of Officers and attorneys-in-fact is not necessary to be registered in the British Virgin Islands.
The name of the company must include the word “Limited”, “Corporation”, “Incorporated”
There is no need to hold annual Directors’ meetings, and resolutions of directors may be adopted by written consent or at a duly convened meeting of the Board.
2. Shareholders. Shares must be fully paid when issued, and may be issued for money, services or property. The name of the shareholder must be entered in the share registry, but the identity of the shareholder is not a matter of public record. Shares can be held by nominees acting on behalf of the actual owners. Shareholders’ meetings shall be convened upon the written request of shareholders representing more than 50% of the votes or whenever the Directors consider it necessary or desirable.
Shareholders’ resolutions may be approved by telephone or at a duly assembled meeting, and may also be adopted by written consent. It is not necessary to hold annual shareholders’ meetings.
3. Registered Office and Agent. The company must have a registered office and a registered agent in the British Virgin Islands. The resident agent has the authority to certify the names of the Directors and Officers of the company. A copy of the shareholders’ register and directors’ register must be maintained at the registered office.
4. Corporate Seal. The company is required to have a corporate seal, and the Articles of Association should state clear the person authorized to use this seal.
5. Filing requirements. The only documents that need to be filed with the Registrar of Corporate Affairs other than the organization documents are any amendments to the Memorandum or Articles of Association, any mergers and consolidations and the dissolution of the company.
6. Transfer jurisdiction. A company incorporated under the BVI Business Companies Act may, by resolution of its Board of Directors or Shareholders, continue as a company incorporated under the laws of a jurisdiction outside the British Virgin Islands if permitted to do so by the laws of the jurisdiction outside the British Virgin Islands in which the company is being transferred.
Also, a company incorporated under the laws of a jurisdiction outside the British Virgin Islands is entitled to continue as a company incorporated under the BVI Business Companies Act notwithstanding any provisions to the contrary in the laws of the jurisdiction under which it is incorporated.
7. Mergers and Consolidations. A company is allowed to merge or consolidate with other BVI or foreign companies, as long as the surviving company complies with the main rules of the BVI Business Companies Act.
8. Dissolution and Liquidation. A company may be dissolved by resolution of the Board of Directors or by resolution of the Shareholders.
Andreas Danos Law Firm is a very experienced firm in BVI offshore company formation . Our firms provide services for offshore company formation in most of the world offshore destinations. We offer high standard services and we are dedicated to do everything possible to satisfy the BVI company formation needS of our clients.
We have many optional services from which a client may choose. Among the options, we have available for immediate use, offshore shelf companies including aged/vintage companies. None off the shelf offshore corporations have ever been in use and never held a bank account. In other words these companies are all 100% tax-free, clean and ready to open an offshore account of your choice.
We also offer nominee services, where directors or shareholders/members are provided by OCH which means your name is not on official offshore corporate documentation or Goverment records, but you do retain full control over the offshore company via Declaration of Trust and Power of Attorney.
When you decide on BVI Company incorporation, you need to complete the on-line questionaire form. While you are filling this uncomplicated form, you will find a wide range of investment, offshore business and offshore checking accounts along with other offshore services from which you can choose, to add to your offshore formation package.
We will provide you with an easy and low cost BVI Company incorporation and help to protect your assets and enjoy offshore banking.
|Total cost of incorporation||€1300|
BVI Business Company Legislation
The British Virgin Islands Business Companies Act 2004 became the sole Business Companies Act in the jurisdiction on 1 January 2007.
Corporate Structure of a British Virgin Islands IBC
Confidentiality and Privacy
Share Capital of a BVI Business Company
As per the BVI Business Companies Act of 2004, Business Companies not carrying on business in the BVI are exempt from all taxes.
Financial Statements and Company Records
Meetings of BVI IBC Shareholder(s) and Director(s)
Doing business using a BVI BC
A BVI BC can carry out any legal business and/or investment activity worldwide, they may not offer bank, insurance or trust services without prior authorization from the BVI Financial Services Commission.
Generally BVI BC´s cannot do business with BVI residents or corporations without losing their tax exempt status.
The BVI IBC incorporation package includes:
It is not possible to use a word (or words) in the name that are calculated to suggest:
Names must end with one of the following suffixes or an abbreviation thereof:
The following words and their associated activities can not be used:
Suite 703, Nicosia Tower Centre
36 Lord Byron Ave
1096 Nicosia, Cyprus
Tel. +357 22 66 44 33
Fax. +357 22 67 26 44
Suite 117, Profiti Hlia 2,
4046 Limassol, Cyprus
Tel. +357 96 26 19 72
4F, Block A, EAC
No 18, Jiao Gong Road
Hangzhou, P.R China 310007
Tel. +86 571 281 388 15
Mob. +86 139 671 810 81
Fax. + 86 571 281 38 800