Anguilla Company Formation
Company Formation Anguilla | Company Incorporation Anguilla
Anguilla, the most northerly of the Caribbean Anguilla, the most northerly of the Caribbean Leeward Islands, has a landmass of 90 sq km and was originally inhabited by the Arawak Indians, an indigenous Caribbean race. The current population is around 9000. The British established control of Anguilla in the late 1600’s, prevailing in numerous skirmishes with other European powers throughout the colonial period, so that today Anguilla is a British Dependent Territory.
Anguilla International Business Company Legislation
Anguilla’s legal system is based upon English Common Law, with local modifications. The International Business Companies Ordinance 1994 was drafted with the involvement of all elected legislators, with the advice of the private sector practitioners, and the consent of British Government representatives.
Time to Incorporate
Online incorporation allows approved sub-agents (of which we are one) to incorporate within minutes, otherwise, 24 hours is required.
Corporate Structure of an Anguillan IBC
- Only one director required – can be an individual or corporate
- Only one shareholder required – can be an individual or corporate
- A director can be a shareholder and vice versa
- No requirement for Anguilla residency for shareholder(s) and director(s)
- A secretary is required – can be an individual or corporate
Confidentiality and Privacy
- The ANGUILLA incorporation documents do not carry the name or identity of the shareholder(s) or director(s). As such no names appear on the public record.
- Nominee services are permitted
Capital Structure of an Anguilla International Business Company
- Shares can be issued with or without par value
- Shares may be issued in any legal currency or in more than one legal currency
- Shares may be paid up in cash or through the transfer of other assets or for other consideration
- The standard share capital is US$ 50,000 or an equivalent in another recognizable currency
- The minimum paid in and issued capital may be one share
- Bearer shares are permitted
Anguilla is a pure tax haven and has no direct taxation in the form of income tax, capital gains tax, gift tax or inheritance tax.
Financial Statements and Company Records
There is no requirement to file accounts with the authorities in Anguilla, but a company is required to keep financial records that reflect the financial position of the company.
Meetings of ANGUILLA IBC Shareholder(s) and Director(s)
- Meetings of shareholder(s) and/or director(s) are not required.
- If a meeting is held it need not be in Belize and participants can attend by telephone.
Doing business using an Angilla IBC
An Angillan IBC can carry out any legal business and/or investment activity worldwide, they may not offer bank, insurance or trust services without prior authorization from the Anguilla Financial Services Authority.
Generally Anguillan IBC´s cannot do business with Anguilla residents or corporations.
The Anguilla IBC incorporation package includes:
- First year government filing fees
- Certificate of Incorporation
- Memorandum and Articles of Association
- Letter of appointment of first director
- Nominee shareholder details (if required)
- Declaration of Trust from the nominee shareholder (if a nominee shareholder is required).
- Minutes of the first meeting of the founders
- Share Certificates
- Register of Shareholders
- Register of Directors
- Registered agent services, (first year)
- Registered office, (first year)
- International express delivery by FedEx or DHL
Any name that has already been incorporated or a name that is so similar as to cause confusion. Restricted names are ones that suggest the patronage of the Royal Family, the UK Government, a political party, a university, a professional association, or names that the Registrar may consider to be misleading or objectionable.
Names must end with one of the following suffixes or an abbreviation thereof:
- Limited or Ltd.
- Corporation or Corp.
- Incorporated or Inc.
- Society Anonyme or S.A.
- Sociedad Anonima or S.A.
- Besioten Vennootshcap or B.V.
- Gelleschafmit beschrankter Haftung or GmbH
- Naamloze Vennootshcap or NV
Any name implying a relationship with banking or insurance or company management industries- e.g. bank, financial, trust and insurance will need prior approval from the Registrar or application for a separate licence.